Pick up any of these yo-yos for just $60!
Keeping my Black Friday deal simple super this year, you can pick up any of the following yo-yos for just $60, no coupon necessary. Hurry, this deal ends Monday!
- Weekender “Autumn” colorway– you’ll fall for this sharp looking orange and green responsive yo-yo.
- Icarus Pink– The most popular color of this organic shaped bind-return yo-yo.
- Bolt Part 2 Red– Keep this on the down-low, but this clear plastic is my favorite variation of the Bol2. It tends to keep its satiny finish the longest of any of the delrin colors.
- Icarus Blue– The 2nd most popular color of this organic shaped bind-return yo-yo.
- KnifeTank: The Shüffling– only $12.50 for this fantastic pocket-sized strategy game. A great stocking stuffer for any board gamers!
I loved chatting with Jeremy from Rain City Skills about The Dumpster Fire, the signature yo-yo of 2020. It was fun hearing Jeremy talk about why he intentionally made the worst yo-yo ever and hearing what else he’s been up to lately. This was also my first PopCast video in a long time.
It’s been a tough year for everyone, including performers like my friend John Higby. Recently a million foot high tree decided to take a nap on Higby’s new car. Luckily no-one was hurt, but it was just one more hard hit in an already bad year. There’s a little more info on the GoFundMe page that some friends set up for the John and his family.
John has been a huge influence over the years and has helped me out in so many ways that I’ve lost count, so I wanted to do something to help out too. I’ve already donated to the page, but I’m also doing a fundraiser here on DoctorPopular.com. I’m donating 100% of sales of my Gold Plated Executive Yo-Yos to John for the next 24 hours. I’ll only be able to do this for up to 10 yo-yos and this fundraiser ends at 3:30pm PST October 16th. Click here to purchase one and help John out.
These Gold Executives were originally made to celebrate my 20th year of yo-yoing, which is about how long I’ve known and admired Higby too. So I thought this was fitting.
John has also worked with me on a few music videos. He uses his hand drawn paintings, cuts them out, then animates them stop motion style on his phone. They look fantastic!
Hey everyone, I’ll be releasing a special new color of Weekender yo-yos later this week. The “Saturday Market Weekender” will be for sale on Friday October 9th at 8am PST for $70. There are 30 total. Keep your eye on the shop to see it go live.
The Pop Art is a brand new collaboration between myself and Rain City Skill Toys! I’m really excited for you to try it!
The Pop Art features a slimline design for responsive play, but with some interesting design elements.
- Size A bearing – gives it that real classive feel with a smooth tug-response
- Response – The extra-wide gamer pads to give the string more surface to grab
- The gap – Slim catch zone with high walls, broken up by a pair of “Schmoove Grooves” combining for snappy, predictable response.
- Cup – The hub is a wide, tapered aluminum insert that ends at a high Delrin wall. This allows for pull starts and other tricks that are fun with responsive 1a and 5a play
- Light weight but well balanced for snappy stalls and regens.
The first release of the Pop Art will also include the new Rain Drop counterweight from Rain City Skills (Base Bead edition). Doc Pop get’s really creative with a trick style called “Responsive Freehand”, taking advantage of the responsive throw for some neat stall tricks that verge on Begleri play!
Weight – 52.6g
Diameter – 59.9mm
Width – 32.5mm
Available July 9th at 5pm Pacific from
I also recommend Traxxas Silicone Grease https://amzn.to/2Z7oZHu
In this episode of PopCast, I chat with one of my oldest friends in the yo-yoing, Mark Montgomery. We’ve known each other for nearly 20 years and I always love hanging out with him and chatting about anything.
Big thanks to all of my Patreon sponsors for help making these shows possible. I’m hoping to grow my audience more, so if you like the work I’ve been doing, please help support the show on Patreon.com/docpop.
In this episode of PopCast, I chat with Coco Sun about our favorite binds and our thoughts on some of TopYos newest releases.
Be sure to leave a comment on a the Patreon page for a chance to win one of the TopYo yo-yos we featured in this video.
A few months ago I flew out to St. Louis to check out the United Yo-Yo Contest. While I was in town I got to hang out with Kyle Nations, one of my favorite modern responsive yo-yoers, and shoot a clip video of some of his rad tricks.
This is the first non-Doc Pop clip video I’ve made in a loooong time and I really love how it turned out. Kyle is using a Weekender Yo-Yo, which I sell on my site and is great for responsive yo-yoing.
If you’d like more goodies, check out this long interview I shot with Kyle too.